Friday, March 25, 2011

Blog Post #4 - Main Character

No Man's Land, Kevin Major.











MY MAIN CHARACTER
Sergeant Hayward

"Here's to you all. There when it counts. Determined to do ourselves proud."
Kevin Major, No Man's Land, Page 139

        The main protagonist in my story is Sergeant Hayward. The quote above, spoken by Hayward, is a very good idea of his personality traits. At that part of the story, the entirety of Company A is in the mess hall, and Hayward is trying to raise spirits before the battle. He is encouraging his men, and this shows how great of a leader his is to the regiment.

        As the story continues, I think that Hayward will continue to be a leader, and a key
character in the story as they head into battle. I also believe he will finally be able to express his love for Marie-Louise.

Video
Here is a video that I feel relates to Sergeant Hayward. It is a clip from the video game
Call of Duty 3 and despite being based in World War Two, it shows "Guzzo" speaking to his troops and being a leader. This is just like Hayward, because he is very straight forward.



 
















2 comments:

  1. I like the fact that you included not only just a quotation from the story, but you also included a video. It really expands on your ideas and clarifies what your talking about. I had been looking at "No Man's Land" for a while. Is it any good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats what I was wondering. I don't know what it would be like to read a true war story.

    ReplyDelete